Toodyay | Lifestyle Post


Welcome Back!

Firstly let me apologise as I had many planned blog posts to write but having limited internet and no reception hasn't allowed me to be able to get on top of that. This is also not a normal post for me to blog but I hope it's okay for you all.

Secondly, let me tell you where I am.  I am in Toodyay, which is about an hour and a half out of Perth. My dad (yes, my parents are divorced) owns a property out here, and for the past 2 years has been building a house. Early this year it was finally done and therefore, where we are now. The picture to the left is the view we see from every window in the house, except it's pictured from a car. We are located on the top of a small hill and it gets really chilly here, specially during the nights in Winter.




The trip up here from Perth seems super long just because it seems like red dirt and trees all the way along. So most times I end up plugging in my earphones and zoning out or sleeping ahah.
Current Music Favourites:

  • Pia Mia ft. Tyga and Chris Brown  - Do it Again
  • Chris Brown & Tyga - Ayo
  • Pia Mia ft. G- Eazy - F*** with you
  • Becky G - Can't Stop Dancing
  • Major Lazer ft. Ariana Grande - All My Love 
 My brother and I are here for 9 days and today marks the 8th. So, tommorrow we head back to Perth, back to the city life. (By the time you read this I will be back) For those who would like to know, it's in the agreement of the divorce that I see my dad once every three weekends and for half of the school holidays. (My mother is also away in Broome in the warm weather, hence another reason we're down here)

I have completed one out of my two assignments for school, which I am very pleased about as I seem to get a lot of school homework done while I'm up here.


 We picked up my two dogs on Wednesday afternoon to allow them to travel up here. Moya (black and white) hates car trips and was shaking the whole way up here so trying to calm her down was eventful, whilst Kei (brown and white) was loving every minute of being in that car with his head out of the window. We picked them up as 8 nights being outside in the freezing cold at my mums house is rough so being here with a warm heater and inside at night made them much happier.

The only problem is at my dads house there is no doggy door, so we've had to be waking up every couple of hours during the night to make sure theres no accidents, like the first night.







All in all, it's been pretty great being up at my dad's, it's a nice change of scenery (kind of like a mini holiday almost). But I am very keen to get back to the city life. Also, my room up here is also so lovely , like really really really nice, so if you'd like to see a bedroom post please let me know!!

Much Love,
Shannon xx

No comments